Sunday 10 June 2012

The Beast Of Norton

The latest tales of a big cat said to be roaming around Norton have prompted yet more people to come forward.


This week, a reader who wishes to remain anonymous, but I will tell you that his e-mail address is davesmith@hotmail.com, reveals the moment he believes he saw the mystery big cat in Norton, known as the 'Beast of Norton le Moors'. "A couple of weeks ago I paid a visit to a friend of mine who was dogging at the old haunted gold mine. At the swan pond I could see something in the reeds drinking from the water. I stood and watched for a couple of minutes what I'm 100 per cent sure was a panther as it licked its own balls. It then walked across the bank and disappeared through the bushes and out of sight into the adjoining olive grove. I pulled my pants up but didn't have time to take a photo. In no way could this have been a dog of any sort. Unless you can get dogs that look like cats. And it couldn't have been a human person dressed like a cat because humans can't lick their balls as easily as what I saw this cat do with unholy relish."

Marlene Cabbage owns the old abandoned gold mine, she said: "I think it's unlikely that there could be a big cat in the area as I have never seen anything. We do have a black Alsatian which likes to lick its own balls – it may have been that which was seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment